dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF startup failure

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 17:42:19 -0500

Byron Nevins wrote:
> Have you tried starting & stopping DAS a few times *before* you do those
> changes?

It still fails startup.

Starting from a whole new empty directory and doing the whole
checkout/build, I've tried building the way I normally do (all in one
maven command) and in separate commands as was suggested to me. I can't
restart the server even if all I do is start, stop, start. With my last
build, I can't even start it the *first* time (see attached).

So GF is completely unusable on my windows machine, though everything
works fine on my solaris machine. I know it's passing on tinderbox, but
I don't see any windows os there (unless I'm mistaken). I've heard from
one other person who is running into the same error. Lloyd, have you
tried on windows?

Thanks,
Bobby