dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish build errors (and warnings)

From: Ed Burns <ed.burns_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 06:19:37 -0800

B> I finally got around to setting up my own cron job to build and test
B> glassfish. For the first time ever I've built the entire server from
B> source.

B> The build/test output is half a megabyte! How does anyone find errors
B> in all that?

B> Does anyone have a script to post-process the build output and remove
B> most of the "expected" noisy output, so there's some chance of actually
B> seeing the important problems hidden in the noise?

B> Here's a "few" warnings that should be fixed:

B> [java] [javadoc] /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/glassfish/servlet-api/src/jsr2
B> 45/src/share/javax/el/ELContext.java:73: warning - Tag @link: reference not foun
B> d: javax.faces.context.FacesContext
B> [java] [javadoc] /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/glassfish/servlet-api/src/jsr2
B> 45/src/share/javax/el/ELUtil.java:57: warning - Tag @link: reference not found:
B> FacesContext
B> [java] [javadoc] /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/glassfish/servlet-api/src/jsr2
B> 45/src/share/javax/el/ELUtil.java:57: warning - Tag @link: reference not found:
B> FacesContext

B> [java] [javadoc] /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/glassfish/servlet-api/src/jsr2
B> 45/src/share/javax/el/ELUtil.java:57: warning - Tag @link: reference not found:
B> FacesContext

Bill, just so you know, these javadoc errors in particular are caused by
our decision to keep Sun's JSF implementation as a separate source code
repository outside of the glassfish tree. Therefore, either the build
structure has to be revised to make this source available for the sole
purpose of javadoc generation, or we need to revisit that desicion. I
strongly favor the former.

Ed