dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem building GlassFIsh

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:36:41 -0800

Dinesh Patil wrote:
> Ken Cavanaugh wrote:
>
>> Every time I try to build the current GlassFish, I use
>> the usual sequence:
>>
>> cvs co glassfish/bootstrap
>> cd glassfish/bootstrap
>> maven bootstrap-all build configure-runtime
>
> The goal : "checkout" is missing in your above step, if you do
> "bootstrap-all" then "checkout" all the modules is required..
> otherwise you can use "bootstrap" for few modules to build.
> thanks
> Dinesh
OK.

My problem is that reading the build quickstart guide is slightly confusing.
Step 4. Build the sources: begins with the sentence:

This is same option as checking out the sources

That confused me. I thought that means that bootstrap-all did the checkout.
Since it doesn't, I should do

maven bootstrap-all checkout build configure-runtime

My problem is that I only do a GF build every few months, so I forget the
details. I think the quick start needs to be even quicker, for people that
just want to checkout and build everything.

Thanks,

Ken.