dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Windows install jar name

From: Terena Chinn-Fujii <Terena.Chinnfujii_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:05:37 -0800

Hi Amy,

Unfortunately, we reference "WINNT" as the name for
all bits pertaining to the windows directories, and if
building on that particular platform.

For example,

    glassfish.os.name=WINNT
    http://download.java.net/javaee5/trunk/nightly/WINNT
    http://download.java.net/javaee5/external/WINNT
    http://download.java.net/javaee5/trunk/installer-nightly/WINNT
    http://download.java.net/javaee5/trunk/promoted/WINNT

However, what I can do is create a "Windows" symlink for
the installer directory only so that we don't lose the current
infrastructure. And then change the installer names to
reflect "windows" on the corresponding download page.

Sound ok? ;-)

Thanks,
Terena