dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Notice: Daily Findbugs Error Notification Emails

From: Jagadesh Babu Munta <Jagadesh.Munta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 18:50:35 -0800

Hi,

You might have received findbugs errors notifications since last couple
of days. Hope you are not surprised;) We got feedback from some of the
engineers and mostly positive with some suggestions. In fact, we're
playing "catch up". In the current findbugs errors list, there are old
errors, but until they're fixed people are going to be notified about them.

Please stay tuned for some more changes in the system: i) say to report
only new errors in the daily emails and the entire list on monthly
basis. ii) Consolidation report with all errors on individual errors.

If you don't want to fix any of the bugs with proper justification,
please let us know so that we can exclude. Again, if you have found any
errors or have feedback, please send us the same.

Thanks to Bill Shannon , who is providing us the direction for findbugs
errors notification system to use it effectively to reduce the errors in
the Glassfish code.

Have a nice weekend.

-- Jagadesh and Aditya.