dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSP debugging issues with V2 b33

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:01:14 -0800

Peter Williams wrote On 01/30/07 10:26 AM,:

> Kin-man Chung wrote:
>
>> I've just committed the fix.

>>> So we do not have regression tests there? A bit scary...Can you add
>>> one with your integration?
>>>

>> Well, a JSP compiled without line info still runs perfectly, so it's not
>> caught by the tests we have. I think I can use javap to see if line
>> numbers have been generated, but I still don't know if the JSP line to
>> Java line mapping was generated correctly.
>>

>>> Also why did we change the property names in sun-web.xml? Why can't we
>>> keep the exact same ones as in GF v1?
>>> Unless the old properties still work with your new fix?
>>>

>> A new property was added to better support Jsr199, the others still work
>> as before.
>>

> What is this property and where can I find it documented?

The property's name is "saveBytecode".

It is documented in the domain's default-web.xml, and will be added
to the table of <jsp-config> properties in sun-web.xml in the "Application
Deployment Guide" for 9.1 beta (review comments already sent to June Parks),
as follows:

  Property: saveBytecode
  Default: false, true for jspc
  This option is meaningful only when the Java compiler API, JSR 199
  (available with, and used as the default on Java 6) is used for javac
  compilations.

Jan