dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSP debugging issues with V2 b33

From: Kin-man Chung <Kin-Man.Chung_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:49:36 -0800

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 17:01, Vince Kraemer wrote:
> Kin-man Chung wrote:
> > Are you using JDK6?
> no.. I am using 5_10

Hmm.. Then it should have worked. To debug JSP pages,
javac compilations should be invoked with a "-g" (which you
did with "classdebuginfo" property), and SMAP info should be
generated with the bytecodes (controlled by "suppressSmap",
defaulted to false).

How did the JSP page got compiled? By netbeans, precompiled
when deployed, or dynamically? Can you make sure that it is
done dynamically?

> > If you are, try setting the following properties in
> > <jsp-config>
> >
> > keepgenerated: true
> >
> > saveByteCode: true
> >
> > I have asked Netbeans to set them as defaults in JDK 6.
> >

> Where did you make this request?

Petr Pisi was in Santa Clara last week. We talked about
NetBeans support for JSP, including running with JDK 6.

-Kin-man