dev@glassfish.java.net

RE: ... and EJB API not in the maven repository

From: Frank Kieviet <Frank.Kieviet_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:18:05 -0800

Hi Bill,

No, I meant j2ee.jar: I'm working on a JCA that needs to be backward
compatible with J2EE 1.4, because it needs to be able to run within
CAPS.

But now that you mention javaee.jar for EE 5, I'm sure we'll have a need
for that too soon.

BTW: the lack of j2ee.jar in a Maven repository has been an issue for
many open source developers. See
<http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-coping-with-sun-jars.html>
and
<http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GG
GL:2006-42,GGGL:en&q=j2ee.jar+maven+repository> . It seems that the
licensing issues referenced in the first link are no longer an issue
because there are now many of these jars available on java.net. Perhaps
we should go over the whole list and make sure that all these jars are
available in the java.net repository.

Frank