dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: MBean operation not supported

From: kedar <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:44:20 -0800

I agree with Lloyd, when it comes to the GlassFish
Platform MBeans. To be precise, the "amx:" MBeans
are the ones that the clients can "depend on" to
manage GlassFish. The "com.sun.appserv:" MBeans are
not supported. You are on your own, when you call
these MBeans. In that sense, this is a reserved MBean
domain that you should leave alone. In future, we will
try to hide those MBeans from our clients.

This however, does not mean that you can't have your
own MBeans. Actually, your application code or explicit
admin operation does allow to deploy your own MBeans and
they will be in a domain called "user:". This relates
to our feature of "custom MBeans" and several folks have
used that feature. Look at Admin console or asadmin
commands like "create-mbean".

Amy: What MBeans (object names) do you refer to, and why
do you want to invoke those MBean operations?

Thanks,
Kedar