dev@glassfish.java.net

_at_Resource question

From: Peter Williams <Pete.Williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:02:03 -0800

I have the following annotation in a servlet (JavaEE5 webapp)

@Resource java.util.Data myData;

Upon deployment, in the generated web.xml, this is being resolved to a
descriptor entry of type resource-ref.

According to JSR 154 SRV 14.5.1 and JSR 250 section 2.3 (and Table 2.4),
this should have been resolved to a resource-env-ref.

Could someone responsible for resource injection in Glassfish confirm
this interpretation? I think this needs to be fixed in the next update
release (whatever will be synced w/ NB 5.5.1). If a developer has such
a field and supplies a JNDI name for it via a resource-env-ref entry in
sun-web.xml, the resulting application _cannot_ be deployed.

As far as I can tell, there is no work-around except possibly to define
the resource injection manually in web.xml -- not very nice.

-Peter