dev@glassfish.java.net

Unable to create jvm option on Windows

From: Karthik Sudarshan <Karthik.Sudarshan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:02:37 +0530

Hi,
    I've installed Glassfish on Windows. I'm trying to create a new jvm
option from the command line using asadmin.bat. The command always
fails. A test line was :

asadmin.bat create-jvm-options -Dtest=test

The message that I got for this was :

Usage: create-jvm-options [--terse=false] [--echo=false]
[--interactive=true] [-
-host localhost] [--port 4848|4849] [--secure | -s] [--user admin_user]
[--passw
ordfile file_name] [--profiler=false] [--target target(Default server)]
(jvm_opt
ion_name[=jvm_option_value])[:jvm_option_name[=jvm_option_value]]*
CLI011 Invalid option, -Dtest=test

If I remove the -D part then I get an error message saying that the
option should start with "-".

Is there something wrong with the way I'm trying to set the jvm option?
I guess not, because, when I used the admin console and created the jvm
option it went through fine. So I think this might be a bug in the CLI
for windows.

If anyone can provide any ideas, it would be great.

Thanks,
KarthikUnable to create jvm option on Windows