dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: In aasadmingui, Logging Level Configuration for jaxws is not available

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:43:20 -0700

Hi Rama,
The list that GUI will display for setting the log level is defined in
domain.dtd.

<!ATTLIST module-log-levels
    root %log-level; "INFO"
    server %log-level; "INFO"
    ejb-container %log-level; "INFO"
    cmp-container %log-level; "INFO"
    mdb-container %log-level; "INFO"
    web-container %log-level; "INFO"
    classloader %log-level; "INFO"
    configuration %log-level; "INFO"
    naming %log-level; "INFO"
    security %log-level; "INFO"
    jts %log-level; "INFO"
    jta %log-level; "INFO"
    admin %log-level; "INFO"
    deployment %log-level; "INFO"
    verifier %log-level; "INFO"
    jaxr %log-level; "INFO"
    jaxrpc %log-level; "INFO"
    saaj %log-level; "INFO"
    corba %log-level; "INFO"
    javamail %log-level; "INFO"
    jms %log-level; "INFO"
    connector %log-level; "INFO"
    jdo %log-level; "INFO"
    cmp %log-level; "INFO"
    util %log-level; "INFO"
    resource-adapter %log-level; "INFO"
    synchronization %log-level; "INFO"
    node-agent %log-level; "INFO"
    self-management %log-level; "INFO"
    group-management-service %log-level; "INFO"
    management-event %log-level; "INFO">

Since JAX-WS is not on the list, it won't appear. We will need dtd
change to add 'JAX-WS' to the module-log-levels before you can set
that. Someone from WS team will need to request this addition.

After the change in domain.dtd, the LogManager will need to be able to
handler "JAX-WS" in the getLognames4LogModule() which returns the
corresponding logger's name.

thanks
Anissa.