dev@glassfish.java.net

Is this intentional

From: vince kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:54:13 -0700

I started to read through the domains.xml for a clustered V2 domain that
I have on my machine and saw this...

<!DOCTYPE domain PUBLIC
 "-//Sun Microsystems Inc.//DTD Application Server 8.0 Domain//EN"
"http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-domain_1_2.dtd">

I was expecting it to say something like

<!DOCTYPE domain PUBLIC
 "-//Sun Microsystems Inc.//DTD Application Server 9.1 Domain//EN"
"http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-domain_1_3.dtd">

Why was my expectation incorrect?

Is it unreasonable to assume that other users may be puzzled by this?

Why I am asking:

If the user is editing the domain.xml in an xml editor that supports
code completion, we need to make sure that we identify the doctype of
the file correctly and uniquely. Otherwise, the user will be unable to
take advantage of newer features in the server, because their tools will
help them avoid making a "mistake".

Note: I know that folks should not edit domain.xml... People do. This
same question applies to all of our files that are identified by a DTD
or schema...

Thanks,
vbk