dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Two G/F instances on same box

From: kedar <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 08:51:28 -0700

I agree with Vince, partially.
Also see: Issue Tracker issue # 90.

But for this purpose, please don't do another installation.
It is a huge overhead and is needless.

Darn! We should document/publicize "asadmin create-domain" command more.
That is a supported way of doing it. You can create as many
instances/domains
as you want (on the same box).

GlassFish users/developers: Please get used to "asadmin create-domain
--adminuser
admin --adminport xyzz" command. No need to play around with setup.xml or
setup-cluster.xml. It is error prone *and* does additional things (apart
from creating
the domain, which might negatively side-effect you).

Do I need to blog about this? How about:

http://blogs.sun.com/bloggerkedar/entry/concept_of_a_glassfish_domain

Kedar