dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: How many folks are using static analysis tools...

From: Nandini Ektare <Nandini.Ektare_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:20:31 -0700

vince kraemer wrote:
> like checkstyle, PMD or FindBugs as part of their "normal" development
> process?

Not sure how difficult it is but I wonder what does it take to integrate
these tools to existing configuration management scripts.
That way it automatically becomes part of normal development process...

For e.g. During an attempt to checkin, detection of undesirable code
styles would trigger an action which could be
1.displaying those to the developer
2.as rigorous as checkin is not permitted
3.or a warning mail to the desired alias post checkin