dev@glassfish.java.net

Bug on File Descriptor Leakeage

From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pelegri_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:01:06 -0700

Some months ago there was a thread on TSS on file descriptor leakage. I
believe it was fixed. Here is another TSS thread and I believe the same
customer is indicating the bug is still present. I looked at the bug
reports and I see they are closed but there are recent comments that ask
for the bug to be reopened.

Could somebody who really knows the details reply at that thread?

http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?m=c.reply&thread_id=41748#215810

> I think it depends on your server load and on Linux settings. When we
> increased number of file descriptors a process can open (about 1000 by default)
> then the server was more or less stable.

Thanks,
        - eduard/o