dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using appclient

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:26:24 -0500

Hello, Dmitry.

One place to start is this part of the documentation for the Sun Java
System Application Server:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3662/6n5s9hmt3?a=view

It gives a brief summary of the command and its options and their usage.

Assuming your application contains an app client, generally you will do
something like this:

1. When you deploy the application, GlassFish generates an augmented jar
file for the app client that contains the app client you wrote plus some
additional contents. Retrieve this generated app client jar using
either the --retrieve option on the asadmin deploy command (see the help
for this command for more information) or using the get-client-stubs
asadmin command after you have already deployed the application.

In either case, you specify a directory where you want to save the
fetched file.

2. Start your app client using the appclient command and specify the
-client option to point to the file you downloaded in step 1.

If your app client expects any command line arguments, you can specify
them at the end of the appclient command.

I hope this helps get you started. If you have further questions,
please ask.

- Tim