dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: We need an externally visible machine that we own

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:54:36 -0400

Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart wrote:
> Sounds like a very useful tidbit / blog / FAQ...
>
> Anybody can give me a pointer to the doc?

I don't think it is documented for 9.0. From here:

http://www.sun.com/software/products/appsrvr_pe/index.xml

You get redirected to 8.1 docs (hum..look like a doc bug ;-)):

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/coll/ApplicationServer8_pe_04q4

What you are looking at is:

http://docs.sun.com/source/817-6088/httpservice.html#wp1034196

The major difference in GlassFish/9.0 is the fact that the WebContainer
& Grizzly are dynamically reconfigurable, so can add virtual-server and
http-listener on the fly, without having to restart GlassFish. That
wasn't the case for 8.x PE before.

If not, what about writing a
> blog-let for TA?

I can blog about it this week. Note that you can do it using the CLI as
well (I suspect GlassFish's admin will prefer that solution).

-- Jeanfrancois