dev@glassfish.java.net

What is the default mapped-name, if any, for an MDB in EJB3?

From: Peter Williams <Pete.Williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:01:03 -0700

What is the default mapped-name, if any, for an MDB in EJB3?

I have an EJB Module (JavaEE5) with a single message driven bean,
annotated via just "@MessageDriven".

No mapped name, no ejb-jar.xml, and trivial sun-ejb-jar.xml (e.g no jndi
name for this bean is specified there).

When this module is deployed, what is the jndi-name of the JMS Resource
it is looking for? The bean is named "NewMessage", in package "test".
I've tried several permutations of [ejb/][test.][NewMessage] for naming
the JMSResource and all deployments result in the same error (that there
is no JMS Resource -- but the error does not indicate the name it is
looking for).

Verifier, by the way, says the EJB Module is fine, no errors or warnings.

So, if mapped-name is not specified, what does the server use for a
default? Anything? Does this scenario require that the jndi-name be
specified in sun-ejb-jar.xml or can I make this work without doing that
(or using mapped-name either).

-Peter