dev@glassfish.java.net

How to obtain PFD updates?

From: Dibyendu Majumdar <dibyendu_at_mazumdar.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 23:20:06 +0100

Hi,

How can I obtain the latest version of the EJB specifications? I am
using the PFD, but I find that things have changed. For instance:

The PFD states:

/**
* Create a new EntityManager of the specified persistence
* context type.
* This method returns a new application-managed EntityManager
* instance (with a new stand-alone persistence context) each
* time it is invoked.
* The isOpen method will return true on the returned instance.
*/
EntityManager createEntityManager(PersistenceContextType type);

However, I am getting a syntax error using this in Glassfish b42. It
appears that Glassfish expects following instead:

EntityManager createEntityManager(Map map);

In this particular case, I am trying to create an EntityManager with
PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED. How do I do this
using the Map?

Regards

Dibyendu