dev@glassfish.java.net

Question on webservice endpoint definition for sun-web.xml vs. sun-ejb-jar.xml

From: Peter Williams <pete.williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 16:58:10 -0700

Two questions about the new "property*" field added to the
web-service-endpoint definition in glassfish/SJSAS 9.0.

1) What are all the valid name/value pairs for this field and if they
differ between sun-web.xml and sun-ejb-jar.xml, which properties apply
to which.

2) I wish I'd caught this in a review of the descriptor changes for 9.0,
but I wasn't aware when that occured however long ago it was. What was
the justification for this field being added as "name/value/description"
in sun-web.xml but added as merely "name/value" in sun-ejb-jar.xml?
Unfortunately, this "feature" is going to cause much grief to the
backend of the configuration editor because up until AS 9.0,
webservice-endpoint editing was nice, clean, maintainable _common_
code. This new property, plus the new ejb-only realm field under
authentication are not making me very happy :(

-Peter