dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: how to update my Glassfish build

From: Wolfgang Helbig <helbig_at_Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 00:21:55 +0100 (MET)

>I built Glassfish from source using the boostrap method. That is, I
>checke out glassfish/bootstrap. Then I ran:
>maven checkout bootstrap build configure-runtime
>
>Now, I want to update with the latest changes. What is the best way to
>do that? Should I just re-run:
>maven checkout bootstrap build configure-runtime ??

Not good:
configure-runtime won't work a second time,

bootstrap takes a looong time, at least with my configuration it fetches a fresh
glassfish-image-SNAPSHOT.jar if run the next day, which took 144 minutes last
time.

bootstrap seems to reuse the jar file from your maven-repo only if run
again on the same day it was fetched.

>Or should I use CVS and do a "cvs update" of the entire Glassfish tree
>and then do a "maven build"?

Yes, should work.

Or
maven checkout build
from the glassfish/bootstrap directory.

Since bootstrapping takes such a long time, i put the image into a save place.
Sometimes during build you might end up with a destroyed appserv_rt.jar, and
then this saved jar comes in handy.

>Thanks,
>
>Mark

you're welcome and good luck!