dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: a few more email aliases

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:36:25 -0700

Carla.Mott_at_Sun.COM wrote:

> Good feedback and I understand you concern and I think I have
> a solution.
>
> History: I'm told by the persistence folks that there will
> be alot of email traffic from that team with detailed or deep dive
> discussions and so they wanted to have their own alias. So I expect
> alot of traffic. Marina, Tom?

We are still learning to use java.net alias for the discussions,
but the expectation is that as soon as we get used to it, the
discussions will be deep dived and with substantial traffic.

The other arguments that I had were that a) it's difficult to switch
from one alias to another, and if will be a mess if we start using
dev extensively, and than try to switch; and 2) searching through
archived mail is much faster on 1 alias rather than 2 (in particluar
if the second one starts getting its share of traffic), and you don't
need to remember a year from now that two aliases had been used
for some time.

thanks,
-marina