dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: apache commons-* classes in AS

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:13:45 +0530

Hi Bill/Jan

Yes, the original design plan wanted to isolate the application server
implementation classes and hide them from applications. However due to some
implementation issues, appserv-rt.jar and other implmentations classes
[though having been removed from the system classpath] are placed at the
shared chain and are available to all applications. This is a reason why
fixing 6314912 is difficult.

Thanks
--Siva.