admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Classpath prefixes/suffixes in admin console

From: Anissa Lam <anissa.lam_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 08:11:25 -0700

Hi Tom,

You can refer to http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-10967 for the
discussion about these 2 attributes support in v3. These 2 attributes
are not supported according to Sahoo and Jerome.

Sanjeeb Sahoo
<http://java.net/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=ss141213> added a
comment - 11/Nov/09 01:32 AM

classpath-suffix, classpath-prefix, system-classpath are not supported
in v3.
Assigning to admin team to change the domain.xml template.

dochez <http://java.net/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=dochez> added
a comment - 11/Nov/09 10:29 PM

yes it was brought to CCC that classpath has disappeared with the use of
OSGi and therefore suffix and
prefix would not be honored any more.

anissa, please change the GUI accordingly.

and the final decision:

<http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-10967?focusedCommentId=129835&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#action_129835>
<http://java.net/jira/secure/EditComment%21default.jspa?id=42571&commentId=129835>
| « Hide <http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-10967> ]
Nazrul <http://java.net/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=ai109478>
added a comment - 13/Nov/09 12:25 PM

Spoke to Jerome and Abhijit about this. We agreed to do the following in
GFv3
release:

GUI Changes
------------
It is possible that people who are migrating from GFv2 will have some of the
classpath fields set. In GUI, we will show environment classpath, system
classpath, classpath prefix & suffix as READONLY fields. The inline help
in GUI
will clearly explain that these fields are not supported in GFv3. User
should
use glassfish/lib or glassfish/domains/<domainName>/lib (or
glassfish/modules
dir for OSGi content).

Backend Changes
---------------
We will not make any changes in domain.xml template or launcher (too risky).

Docs Changes
------------
Docs should be updated to state that environment classpath, system
classpath,
classpath prefix & suffix are not supported in GFv3. We should also
update our
docs with GFv3 classloader hierarchy. Jerome/Sahoo are the engineering
contacts
for that.

Anissa: After you are done with the GUI changes, please transfer the bug
to docs
team. You may add "[UB]" to the "Summary".

Maybe the launcher needs to be fixed now since it didn't happen before ?

thanks
Anissa.