admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: one pagers for 3.2

From: Paul M Davies (Oracle) <"Paul>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 09:12:40 -0700

Hi,

DTrace monitoring was omitted at PM's request from the 3.1 docs because
this feature currently cannot be supported in a manner for which Oracle
could charge its customers.

Documentation for the beta release of this feature
<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19226-01/821-1005/index.html> is
available in the v3 doc set. If this feature is to be officially
supported at some point, we can quite easily update this documentation
and add it to the Admin Guide, like we did for Monitoring Scripting
Client
<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2416/gjzkc.html>.

Regards,
-Paul

On 03/31/11 11:30, Byron Nevins wrote:
> Paul?
>

> On 3/31/2011 9:42 AM, Tom Mueller wrote:
>> Byron,
>> Where is the official documentation? I don't see it here:
>> http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2416/index.html
>>
>> So at a minimum, the DTrace documentation has to be put into the
>> official docs. When that happens, someone will need to review that.
>> QA has to test it. That's what I mean by "finish".
>>
>> I'm ok with dropping the one-pager if the already written
>> documentation is enough for QA and docs to work with in order to do
>> their thing with this feature.
>>
>> Tom
>>> DTrace:
>>>
>>> DTrace has been finished for a very long time (3.0 final release).
>>> It has official (and good) documentation. I made internal changes
>>> that are of no interest to anyone (other than build engineers) for
>>> 3.1. Functionally, Dtrace is identical in OGS 3.1 to DTrace in
>>> V3.0. So I don't know what you mean by "finish DTrace". AFAIK it
>>> IS finished.

>>> --
>>> Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
>>> Byron Nevins | Principal MTS
>>> Phone: +1 6503958992 <tel:+1%206503958992>
>>>
>>> Green Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed
>>> to developing practices and products that help protect the environment
>
> --
> Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
> Byron Nevins | Principal MTS
> Phone: +1 6503958992 <tel:+1%206503958992>
>
> Green Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to
> developing practices and products that help protect the environment

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Paul Davies| Principal Technical Writer| +1.408.276.3413
Oracle GlassFish Server Documentation
4140 Network Circle, Santa Clara CA 95054, USA
Green Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment> 	Oracle is committed to