admin@glassfish.java.net

one pagers for 3.2

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:15:20 -0700

I'd like to get a list of one-pagers that we plan to write for the 3.2
release. Please look here:
http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/GlassFishAdministrationSubprojects

Here's the list:

Dynamic “self-administering” clusters (Tom) *ONE-PAGER
Progress status (issue 12032, 12033, see JSR-88) (Chris)*ONE-PAGER
Finish DTrace feature (Byron)*ONE-PAGER*?
SSH improvements for Windows (work w/o cygwin, MKS) (issue 16248)
(Byron, Joe)*ONE-PAGER
***Better support for JRockit JVM options (JDK-aware JVM options) -
  (issue 16247) - (Tom) ****ONE-PAGER
config bean validation improvement (issue 14984) (Bhakti) *ONE-PAGER
Improved OS Service Integration (Byron) *ONE-PAGER
JRockit Flight Recorder (JFR) listener for probes (Byron/Tom)
*ONE-PAGER*******

I've put a *ONE-PAGER* by those items that I was thinking would need a
one-pager.
There is a question mark by the dtrace one since the code is already
done for that. Not sure if a one-pager was ever done.

Right now there are 8. This doesn't include any related to the PaaS
feature except for the "self-administering clusters" feature. I expect
that if there were just four one-pagers for that, any admin
infrastructure work would be included in those, rather than requiring a
separate one pager.

I left off almost everything that was P3.

If we can settle on these plans for one-pagers, then we can get them
scheduled with as-arch.

If you think the one-pager could be an email review, please indicate that.

Thanks.
Tom