admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: a question on config api

From: Ludovic Champenois <ludovic.champenois_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 10:17:23 -0800

On 2/3/11 10:09 AM, Shing Wai Chan wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> Thanks for your reply.
> This is what I need.
> But now, we need to know how to do that in CLI and admin gui.
> Note that in admin gui, or CLI, if we don't specify, then it is a null
> which becomes a default.
> Is there a way to specify "" in admin gui or CLI?
> Thanks.
> Shing Wai Chan

In general, to do that in a UI (web , IDE, etc), you would need both an
entry field and a checkbox to make the difference between "" and the
null value, which I've seen very very rarely...Are we ready to add this
check box for all possible fields? or rely on default common sense?
Sometimes, Apps used so special string for entering a null value (like
(null)) but this means that the "(null)" string would never be a
possible user value.

Ludo