admin@glassfish.java.net

CLI devtests

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 13:39:50 -0600

Please take a look at this spreadsheet and let me know if any additional
comments should be added.

I derived the "Number of devtests" number by getting the cli.log files
from the admin-devtest and cluster-devtest runs, and counting the number
of times each command name showed up in the output.

Here is what is supposed to go in the columns:

   1. Number of developer tests - self explanatory.
   2. Last Run on Build - Which build were the tests last run (or which
      build do we plan it run it on before the release). I realize that
      most of these might be automated and may be running nightly.
      Please put "nightly" in those cases.
   3. OS/Platforms/Configs tested - Which OS/Platforms and
      configurations were the developer tests run on? Was it run on
      multiple OS? Was it run on DAS as well as cluster configuration?
      If the command requires any other platform configuration (for
      example, MKS or Cygwin), please mention that too.
   4. Notes about test coverage - Please add any other information about
      test coverage. For example, if you know that commands were tested
      as part of other devtests or QA tests (for example, clustering or
      HA tests), please mention that.

Thanks.
Tom