admin@glassfish.java.net

offline create-instance

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:33:26 -0500

For the offline/manual sync usage, where SSH is not setup between nodes,
the method for creating a cluster would be this:

create-node-config --nodehost h1 n-h1
create-node-config --nodehost h2 n-h2
create-cluster c1
create-instance --cluster c1 --node n-h1 i1
(command prints failure message)
create-instance --cluster c1 --node n-h2 i2
(command prints failure message)
export-sync-bundle --target c1 --retrieve=true c1.zip
(copy c1.zip to h1 and h2)
on h1:
import-sync-bundle --file c1.zip i1
on h2:
import-sync-bundle --file c1.zip i2

At this point the instances can be started.

What I'm wondering is whether we should have an option for
create-instance, something like --dasonly or --offline, that would tell
create-instance to only do the part of the work that is for the DAS
because the expectation is to use manual sync later or an explicit
create-local-instance later. This would allow the create-instance to
succeed and print out the port assignments in this case.

Currently, the create-instance fails, and it doesn't print out the port
assignments.

Thoughts?
Tom