admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: sequence of commands with no SSH

From: Lidia Marchioni <lidia.marchioni_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:01:15 -0700

Hello Joe

Thank you for the pointer! My sequence is similar to 5, though I'm just
trying to create a standalone instance (no cluster). I'm trying the
following on promoted build b13:

# asadmin create-node-config lancer
Command create-node-config executed successfully.

# asadmin --host localhost --port 4848 create-local-instance --node
lancer in1
Attempting to rendezvous with DAS on host localhost port 4848
Uptime: 1 hours, 9 minutes, 40 seconds

The instance has rendezvoused with the DAS and will be using host
localhost port 4848 for future communication.
remote failure: Exception while adding the new configuration
org.jvnet.hk2.config.TransactionFailure: There is no hostname specified
for the instance in1. Each instance must have a node reference which
contains a hostnmae attribute. :
org.jvnet.hk2.config.TransactionFailure: There is no hostname specified
for the instance in1. Each instance must have a node reference which
contains a hostnmae attribute.

Command create-local-instance failed.

The domain.xml contains:

 <nodes>
   <node node-host="localhost" name="localhost"
install-dir="${com.sun.aas.installRoot}" />
   <node name="lancer" />
 </nodes>

I see that it is marked that scenario 5 will be available in MS4. Does
it include the above sequence (e.g. without a cluster)?

Thanks
Lidia