admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: admin commands _at_Scoped(PerLookup.class)

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 00:35:17 -0700

Joe Di Pol wrote on 06/25/2010 09:03 PM:
> Bill Shannon wrote:
>> Yow! We documented this? How cool!
>>
>> Ok, gotta fix a bunch of command classes...
>
> Bill, did you get around to this? I just got bit by one of
> these. Are there many others lurking?

I fixed some commands in the main server directory.

>> Although I *still* don't understand why you'd ever want a command
>> class to be anything other than per-lookup.
>
> Yes. We have ticking time bombs if any remain.

I talked to Jerome about this. I think the conclusion was that we
should consider it an error if a command class isn't scoped per-lookup,
but we haven't done anything to check for that error or to fix all the
command classes to have the right scope.

Feel free to file an issue and assign it to me.