admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Jersey OSGi issue? Was: Re: dev test for admin cli

From: Jakub Podlesak <Jakub.Podlesak_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:14:36 +0200

Hi all,

sending a meeting summary:

1) the issue was temporarily fixed in Jersey version: 1.4-SNAPSHOT
     by exporting com.sun.ws.rs.ext from the jersey-client

  *AI: Ludo will test that with the rest admin cli tests

2) the jersey-client should not be exposing the package (the fix is only
temporary)
     we need to know:

     - would things break even for static import scenario?
         - if yes: something is wrong in Jersey

   *AI: Jakub will test (by removing v3/admin/rest/osgi.bundle, Ludo:
please confirm) and work out a fix with Sahoo if that's the case

    rest admin module needs to keep the dynamic import approach anyway
to save about 90 ms at the GFv3 startup time

    *AI: Jakub work with Sahoo, if Jersey could provide an API for an
explicit initialization, which would be called
            by the rest admin module when it is used for the first time

3) to cover the area better for the future Jersey versions to be
integrated to GFv3:

    *AI: Jon will add a simple "one URI call" test (e.g.
http://localhost:4848/management/domain) to the Jersey GFv3 hudson tests
    *AI: REST Admin team will introduce a new Quick Look test to touch
this area (maybe i misunderstood, and this has already been done?)
    *AI: Jersey team: work out a promoted build strategy to integrate
more often to GFv3, until this is done REST Admin team guys
                    kindly offered to help with testing new Jersey bits
on request

I hope i have not missed anything.

~Jakub