admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: would like to add a default node element to domain.xml

From: Carla Mott <carla.mott_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 11:12:22 -0700

The default node would look like below. It is at the same level as then
'configs' element and it does have default values as below. The
corresponding server element that would refer to it is also included below.

 If we don't have this default node element then we need to figure out
what we are going to do with the 'node-ref' attribute (it should point
to an existing 'node' element) in 'server' element. We can either force
the user to create a node element (bothersome for developers that will
be running everything on their local machines) or we can create it for
them (won't happen for m2). Currently 'node-agent-ref' is being used
in several places to figure out which host to connect to and run
commands but we want to transition away from that in m3.

proposed default node element:
<nodes>
     <node name="localhost" nodehost="localhost"
nodehome=${com.sun.aas.installRoot}>
  </node>
<nodes>

<server node-agent-ref="bear.sfbay.sun.com" name="instance1"
node-ref="localhost" config-ref="instance1-config">

Carla