admin@glassfish.java.net

why this failure when speciyfing host name?

From: Carla Mott <carla.mott_at_Oracle.Com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:36:35 -0700

Hi,

I'm working on multiple hosts and I want to run create-local-instance on
my instance machine, bear.sfbay.sun.com and have the DAS running on
dhcp-usca14-133-205.sfbay.sun.com. When I run the create-local-instance
on bear and provide --host=dhcp-usca14-133-205.SFBay.Sun.COM it actually
creates the instance on the local machine and sets the DAS to
localhost. However if I do --host=dhcp-usca14-133-205.sfbay.sun.com
everything works as expected.

Note that if I make decide to make bear the DAS machine instead the
entry in the domain.xml for the nodeagentref in server element is
"dhcp-usca14-133-205.SFBay.Sun.COM". In other words, I have to specify
using all lowercase even though the values in the domain.xml are not
stored that way.

carla