admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Local command authentication

From: Joe Di Pol <joe.dipol_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:32:45 -0700

Jennifer Chou wrote:
> Local commands don't require authentication unless the local command
> calls a remote command.
> So you can run asadmin _create-instance-filesystem instance1 without a
> running DAS. (local command)
> If you run asadmin create-local-instance without a running DAS, it will
> fail when it calls the remote command, create-instance

Thanks Jennifer,

So if we restrict ourselves to executing local only commands
on remote hosts via SSH then we do not need to pass admin
credentials to that asadmin command. And in theory we should
only need to execute local only commands via SSH.

And according to the Basic Clustering spec it looks like
there will be a local only version of start-instance
(which makes sense).

Joe