admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: syncing applications

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:55:27 -0700

Bill Shannon wrote on 04/ 6/10 02:46 PM:
> I've got some simple prototype syncing working for config files.
> Now I'm thinking about applications. Some questions...
>
> Given the name of an application (i.e., the name of a directory
> under the "applications" directory), how do I find the original
> application archive on the server?

I assume we're not saving the original archive yet. In the mean time
I'm just synchronizing all the files from the application directory
recursively.

> And how do I find all the "generated" content that goes with the
> application?

I found the methods I need in ServerEnvironment.

> Given an application archive, are there any utility classes to
> extract the archive on the client?

If we move to shipping the original archive instead of all the
individual files, I'll still need this.

> And finally, I'm eventually going to need a method that, given a
> server instance name, returns a list of all the applications that
> should be available to that server. Anyone want to write it? :-)

I guess this can wait until we have target and instance support.

At this point I've got basic application synchronization working,
although I'm waiting for some improvements from Tim.