admin@glassfish.java.net

Config Parsing News

From: Byron Nevins <w.byron.nevins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:30:48 -0700
The code that parses domain.xml and fills the Habitat with config & server objects has been enhanced and is FINISHED.

What it does:
  1. *All* configs are read in and added to the habitat.
  2. All server objects are also added.
  3. It checks and verifies that every server has a config-ref and that that config-ref exists.  If not it is a fatal error and V3 will hang. (it is impossible to make V3 exit cleanly without halt() )
  4. A config is allowed to have more than one server referring to it
  5. A config is not forced to have anything refer to it
What About Server instances?
This code is written and tested but not used yet because we don't have instances yet!  Once we have start-instance then that instance willl only read its own config from domain.xml.

What this means:
We can add cluster and instance configs and any other configs -- and DAS will pick them up at boottime and they will be available in the Habitat.