admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Key Clustering Issue

From: Dies Koper <diesk_at_fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:20:43 +1100

At last weeks meeting there was a suggestion to do the initial
synchronization in the asadmin command (i.e. just before starting the
instance's JVM), because the infrastructure was already there.
I suppose that's were this question comes from?

Why was "java -jar glassfish.jar" supported in the first place? Simpler
start-up? Or to show-case embedded?
I'd think those use-cases are not relevant for an instance in a cluster,
so exclusively through asadmin should be fine?