admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Where did my Config element go?!?

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:23:58 -0700

yes and it was done by design to avoid loading an entire domain.xml when you only care about one config (yours).

what you need to do is not fix it but enhance it so :
        1. you have control which config is parsed (I think it's already in place but verify).
        2. introduce a mode where we indeed load all configs (for the DAS maybe).
        3. introduce a mode where we bring extra config on demand (should not be hard to tell the stax parser to re-parse a particular config and add it to the domain instance).

I believe we must have 1 and 2, 3 is an extra credit.

jerome