admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: FINAL REVIEW of gfv3 Admin Guide

From: Shalini Muthukrishnan <Shalini.Muthukrishnan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:51:18 +0530

Hi Dixie,

Some comments from my side on Chapter 14.

- On page 211, while a start-database is done, the properties that you
have listed are not displayed on the prompt. Jennifer can comment on the
same.

- Page 217, Description of flush connection pool - ".......re-initialize
all connections established in the specified connection *pool*..."

- Page 221 : Integrating the JDBC Driver line 4 , add the location
glassfish_home/lib to the list of directories where jdbc driver can be
copied.

- Configuration Specifics for JDBC drivers to be provided by Lance and
Ming based on the latest versions of databases tested in V3.

Some comments on other areas:

- Page 136, numconnfree is a RangeStatistic. (Table 8-24)

- Table 8-24 on page 136, numconntimedout is a CountStatistic.

- Also add to the table, some more stats :

numconnsuccessfullymacthed CountStatistic Number of connections
successfully matched
numconnnotsuccessfullymatched CountStatistic Number of connections
rejected during matching
averageconnwaittime CountStatistic Average wait-time-duration per
successful connection request

- Add to the description of connrequestwaittime - "The current value
indicates the wait time of the last request that was serviced by the pool".

- Modify numconncreated description as "Number of physical connections
that were created by the pool since the last reset".

- Answer for Remark 8-5 : Looks good

Thanks,
Shalini.