admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Content of Usage statements for asadmin man pages

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 17:01:39 -0800

Sankar Neelakandan wrote on 10/30/09 15:02:

>>> some of the default *true *values are changed to false
>>
>> That's because I don't think the defaults for --createtables and
>> --dropandcreatetables actually *are* true. It certainly doesn't
>> make sense for both of them to be true.
> Well, the options are mutually exclusive. So one cannot pass both
> options at the same time.
> [--createtables[=createtables(default:false)>] |
> \n\t--dropandcreatetables[=<dropandcreatetables(default:false)>]]
>> I think the syntax was meant to show how you would specify them to
>> override the default.
>>
>> But correct me if I'm wrong...
> I think "true" is the default value even if the option is not specified.

I verified that that's not true.

These options are a little different because they really have three values.
If not specified, the values in the deployment descriptor are used. If
the option is specified, it overrides the deployment descriptor value.
If neither the option nor the deployment descriptor specifies a value,
the effective value is "false".