admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Review of create,/delete/list/update Connector Security Map man pages

From: Dixie Pine <Dixie.Pine_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 14:40:58 -0800

On 11/ 4/09 06:10 PM, Jennifer Chou wrote:
> Hi Dixie,*
>
> create-connector-security-maps*
>
> 1. Should we list the *--passwordfile *option?
> AS_ADMIN_MAPPEDPASSWORD is used to specify the EIS password. It is
> optional.
Since it's not a subcommand option, I can't list it with the other
options, but I can mention it in the description. I added a sentence.

> *update-connector-security-maps
> *
> 1. The command does not create the map if it does not exist. Remove
> 'create(s)(ed)' from Name, Option poolname, Operands mapname
Done

> The rest looks good.
>
> Thanks,
> Jennifer
>

> Dixie Pine wrote:
>> Hi Jennifer,
>>
>> Here are the connector security map man pages for review.
>> These are the last ones for review!
>>
>> thanks,
>> Dixie

%commonents; %appserv-common; ]> create-connector-security-map1 05 Nov 2009 &man1; &software; generic Copyright (c) 2009, Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved create-connector-security-map creates a security map for the specified connector connection pool create-connector-security-mapcreates a security map for the specified connector connection pool create-connector-security-map [--help] --poolname connector_connection_pool_name --principals principal-name1[, principal-name2 ]* | --usergroups user-group1[, user-group2*] --mappedusername user-name mapname The create-connector-security-map subcommand creates a security map for the specified connector connection pool. If the security map is not present, a new one is created. This subcommand can also map the caller identity of the application (principal or user group) to a suitable enterprise information system (EIS) principal in container-managed transaction-based scenarios. The EIS is any system that holds the data of an organization. It can be a mainframe, a messaging system, a database system, or an application. One or more named security maps can be associated with a connector connection pool. The connector security map configuration supports the use of the wild card asterisk (*) to indicate all users or all user groups. To specify the EIS password, you can add the AS_ADMIN_MAPPEDPASSWORD entry to the password file, then specify the file by using the asadmin utility option. For this subcommand to succeed, you must have first created a connector connection pool using the create-connector-connection-pool subcommand. This subcommand is supported in remote mode only. &options-common; Specifies the name of the connector connection pool to which the security map belongs. Specifies a list of backend EIS principals. More than one principal can be specified using a comma-separated list. Use either the or options, but not both in the same command. Specifies a list of backend EIS user group. More than one user groups can be specified using a comma separated list. Use either the or options, but not both in the same command. Specifies the EIS username. mapname The name of the security map to be created or updated. Creating a Connector Security Map This example creates securityMap1 for the existing connection pool named connector-pool1. asadmin> create-connector-security-map --poolname connector-pool1 --principals principal1, principal2 --mappedusername backend-username securityMap1 Command create-connector-security-map executed successfully 0 subcommand executed successfully 1 error in executing the subcommand delete-connector-security-map1 , list-connector-security-maps 1, update-connector-security-map1 asadmin 1M