admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Review of start-domain, stop-domain, and restart-domainsman pages

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:15:00 -0700

Dixie Pine wrote on 10/19/09 15:06:
> Final pdfs attached.
>
> On 10/14/09 23:55, Byron Nevins wrote:
>>

>> Bill Shannon wrote:
>>
>>> start-domain:
>>>
>>> Can someone explain the Mac OS X comment:
>>>
>>> Note – On the Mac OS X platform, processes can bind to the same
>>> port. To
>>> avoid this problem, do not start multiple domains with the same
>>> port number
>>> at the same time.
> Did you want me to delete this Mac material? I couldn't tell so I didn't
> (yet).

Yes, and no.

Yes, it does not apply to Mac OS.

However, I believe Byron discovered that it *does* apply to Windows,
right Byron? If so, "Mac OS X" should be replaced with "Windows".
What's not clear to me is whether this is a general property of
Windows (which I still have a hard time believing) or whether it's
a bug in some particular versions of Windows.