admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: REVIEW:: monitor, enable-monitoring, disable-monitoring, monitoring concepts

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 00:01:23 -0700

Prashanth Abbagani wrote on 9/23/09 11:20 PM:
> Sreenivas Munnangi wrote:
>> For enable-monitoring, pl. change --level to --modules based on Bill's
>> comment.
>>
>> *In that case, changing "enable-monitoring --level mod1:HIGH,mod2:LOW"
>> to "enable-monitoring --modules mod1,mod2:LOW" would be better.
>> *
> I have to mod3 to HIGH along with mod1 and mod2 to LOW. How do I do that?

enable-monitoring --modules mod1:LOW,mod2:LOW,mod3:HIGH
or
enable-monitoring --modules mod1:LOW,mod2:LOW,mod3

> Why not use the same style as --property name=value[:name=value]* ?
> I believe you are trying to reduce the typing, but it can be confusing
> to the user.

If most of the time most people are going to set monitoring to HIGH,
it's much simpler:

enable-monitoring --modules mod1,mod2,mod3

You can decide whether you want commas and colons,
or colons and equals:

enable-monitoring --modules mod1=LOW:mod2=LOW:mod3