admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Admin Console iteam at 2pm today

From: Kim Haase <Camilla.Haase_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 15:28:47 -0400

Hi,

I'd also like to briefly discuss the following terminology issue:

Although the official name of GlassFish v3 is GlassFish Enterprise
Server, there is still a node called "Application Server" rather than
"Enterprise Server", and some strings use "Application Server" too,
although some use "Enterprise Server". The online help consistently uses
"Enterprise Server" except when it is specifically mentioning the
Application Server node.

Would it be okay to change "Application Server" to "Enterprise Server"
throughout, so we can be consistent? Except for the strings (for
GlassFish News mainly) that refer explicitly to v1 or v2.

Kim