admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: --echo

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:00:12 -0700

Based on our conversation, I've just checked in an improvement to the
--echo support.

Since people seemed to be using this more as a debugging tool to
find out what options were being used, rather than as a literal record
of exactly which commands were executed, I didn't worry too much about
the output format. The output format will be the same whether in
multimode or not and will always be of the form:

The <utility options> will be the fully expanded list of all the utility
(program) options.

The <subcommand options> will include every subcommand option that is either
- specified on the command line, or
- specified via an environment variable, or
- has a default value

Note that for remote commands the default value is provided by the server
in the metadata for the command, but is not sent back to the server when
the command is sent.

Note also that some commands have default values for options that are not
a fixed value (e.g., --domaindir). These dynamic defaults are not included
in the output. If you think this needs to be fixed, file an RFE.

Any other problems, let me know.

Thanks for your input!