admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: password policy since b55

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 06:11:24 -0700

Hi David,

VB Kumar told me that you guys were seeing some issues here.

Yes, I made some changes to the master password handling in b55. It was
not a big deal as far as users are concerned. I am sorry that it seems to
affect you. But I do think that you guys are creating domain differently.
As you can see the console output of start-domain, it contains:

>>> [exec] No valid master password found
>>> [exec] No console, no prompting possible
>>> [exec] Command start-domain failed.
>>> [exec] Result: 1

So, it's not failing for deprecated syntax, but for something else.
Can I get the entire sequence of commands you run? For example, is the
same password.txt provided to both create-domain and start-domain commands?
I somehow think that the master password for this domain is not the default
("changeit") or there is a bug in what I recently did ...

Let me know either way. My commit log is here:
http://fisheye4.atlassian.com/changelog/glassfish-svn/trunk/v3/admin/cli/src/main/java/com/sun/enterprise/admin/cli/commands?cs=29406

-Kedar