admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Admin Console Questions ...

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 10:46:53 -0700

Can you tell me which other protocol users can switch to, for
admin-listener? I think there is a theoretical possibility that's of
academic interest, I guess. Are we testing admin-listener over plain
TCP/UDP or something else *for GlassFish v3*?

Also, for any other listener which is defined as the classic HTTP
listener (speaking HTTP), are we saying that there will be cases where
users will edit them and just flip the protocol to something else?
I doubt it. (It's certainly an infrequent/rare use case).

I understand the HCI recommendation regarding the check-box, it's just
that I don't "get" it.