admin@glassfish.java.net

Re: Reminder Admin iTeam Meeting Monday March 23 10Am

From: Sreenivas Munnangi <Sreenivas.Munnangi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:43:43 -0700

Thanks Byron.

I have added one more agenda item "Text man page integration with v3
commands" and the background email attached.

sreeni

Byron Nevins wrote:

> Agenda for March 23, 2009
>
> 1. Review of action items
> 2. Update by QA, Documentation and Development Teams
> 3. Customer Interaction, Arch. update
> 4. Roundtable
>
> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishV2AdminMeetings
>

> Meeting Details:
>
> Mondays 10-11 AM Pacific
> (866)545-5227 (US Toll-Free)
> (215)446-3648 (International-Caller Paid)
> Access Code: 3535518#
> Email aliases: admin_at_glassfish.dev.java.net
>
>--
>Byron Nevins Work 408-276-4089, Home 650-359-1290, Cell 650-784-4123 - Sun Microsystems, Inc.

> additional commands, e-mail: admin-help_at_glassfish.dev.java.net

attached mail follows:

This is a topic that keeps on coming up and I realize
that we never really solved it properly.

The text help page should reside along with the
command implementation (per module) as a "resource",
which is not the case right now.

It may also be a good idea to be more agile here and get
the man page from the web, such that the freshness of
content is addressed. Too many times have I observed
that bundled docs are just wrong or incomplete. (This is
not a criticism, just observation.)

I want two things:
- Scheduling of this on iteam meeting (Sreeni).
- A volunteer who is willing to work on this. Creative
   solutions are encouraged. This is NOT a negligible item.

-Kedar